[VoCamp Discuss] Welcome, and Introductions

Tom Heath Tom.Heath at talis.com
Wed Sep 3 09:40:50 PDT 2008

Yes, welcome Ian :)

Open Vocab is very cool in the flesh, and am looking fwd to adding some obscure terms any day now.

On a related note, in his keynote at Triple-I this morning, Henry Lieberman from MIT talked about their work on commonsense knowledge (commons.media.mit.edu iirc). One of the things he mentioned were 21  relationships commonly used in common sense knowledge statements. I spoke to him briefly about getting these into RDFS/OWL as they'd be very very useful, and will follow this up. Perhaps they would be good candidates for living in Open Vocab.

Cheers,

Tom.