[VoCamp Discuss] ramping up

Tom Heath tom.heath at talis.com
Mon Jun 8 02:32:26 PDT 2009

Hi Aju,

You can use any of a wide range of tools at a VoCamp; people have used
Neologism, Knoodl, or even my favourite - gedit ;) As Peter suggests,
a quick play with some of these tools is a great place to start, as is
a read of Dean Allemang and Jim Hendler's book "Semantic Web for the
Working Ontologist", if you have the chance.

Re topics/domains for vocabs, choose whichever interests you and note
this next to your name on the wiki. On the day you may find other
people interested in the same or related topics and keen to work with
you, or you can spend some quiet time on this in a group of one before
reporting back to the group on your progress and to get
feedback/input.

HTH,

Tom.

--