[VoCamp Discuss] Welcome, and Introductions

Tom Heath Tom.Heath at talis.com
Thu Aug 14 04:48:18 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Thanks for signing up to the VoCamp Discuss list, and welcome :) We'll
use this list for sending out info about upcoming VoCamps, spreading the
word about what has (not) worked at each event and might usefully be
changed/repeated at future events, and hopefully all use it to discuss
our interests/plans for vocab development in general.

Remember, just send mail to discuss at lists.vocamp.org to post to the
list.

I imagine that we don't all know each other personally, so figured it
would be good to have some quick introductions. Here goes...

I'm Tom, a researcher in the Platform Division at Talis in the UK (just
as the sig says). I was previously at KMi, The Open University where I
was doing my PhD in the area of trust and recommendation in social
networks, with a Semantic Web/Linked Data flavour. I built Revyu.com,
think the Linking Open Data project rocks, look after linkeddata.org on
behalf of the community and generally care about the Semantic Web being
a major success. This latter issue was the driving force behind kicking
off the VoCamp effort with Richard C, so I'm really excited about the
first event coming up in Oxford and keeping fingers crossed that
there'll be many more in the future.

While I'm here, a big thanks to David Shotton for making many of the
arrangements so far, and to Jun Zhao who'll be our local host for
VoCampOxford2008.

So, looking forward to hearing other people's intros, and to meeting
many of you in Oxford in roughly 6 weeks :)

Cheers,

Tom.

--
Tom Heath