[VoCamp Discuss] Welcome, and Introductions

Hausenblas, Michael michael.hausenblas at joanneum.at
Thu Aug 14 05:58:26 PDT 2008

Heya,

Thanks Tom for the gentle reminder ;)

So, hello there, I'm Michael, a senior researcher at JOANNEUM RESEARCH,
an applied research company in Austria. I'm mainly into multimedia
semantics utilising Web of Data technologies in a couple of national and
international (EU) projects. Here at JRS we have contributed to the
linked data community project by publishing a dataset and proposing
"User Contributed Interlinking" [1] as well as addressing issues with
multimedia interlinking.

I've been involved in some W3C activities (Multimedia Semantics
Incubator Group in 2006/2007, Semantic Web Deployment Working Group and
the RDFa Task Force, ongoing) so far.

Regarding vocabularies I've done some bits in scovo [2] and regarding
ramm.x [3]. Together with Richard, Keith and Jun I'm working on voiD [4]
... and yeah .. somehow finalising my PhD ;)

I'm utterly sad that I can't be with you at the first VoCamp but promise
to attend the next :)

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://riese.joanneum.at/