[VoCamp Discuss] Welcome, and Introductions

Catherine Dolbear Catherine.Dolbear at ordnancesurvey.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 02:31:00 PDT 2008

Just to introduce myself before the VoCamp - I'm Cathy, a research
scientist at Ordnance Survey, the national mapping agency in Britain. My
interests are in knowledge modelling (OWL-DL ontologies I've worked on
are at www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ontology) and linking ontologies to
relational databases, particularly spatial databases & I'm involved in
the W3C incubator group on RDB2RDF on that subject. Our team has also
produced an RDF dataset on administrative geography for Britain, and I'm
interested in how to design links to other geospatially-related RDF data
- making sure that what we say is what we mean, in different contexts of
use.

Oh, and I did my doctorate in Oxford, so I know lots of nice pubs just
in case we have any time away from hacking :-)

Cathy

Dr Cathy Dolbear
Senior Research Scientist, Ordnance Survey Research
C530, Romsey Road, SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom, SO16 4GU
Phone: +44 (0) 23 80792868 | Fax: +44 (0) 23 80305072
www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ontology