[VoCamp Discuss] open Vocamp questions and projects

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 07:46:28 PDT 2009

I very much enjoyed breathing the same air of people who actually understand
all of this RDF and OWL stuff in this Ibiza vocamp just gone (well mixed
with sea breeze). I sincerely hope to absorb some such wisdom by osmosis.

We have already exchanged niceties offlist, but let me take the chance to
thank the organisers and sponsors again for the opportunity,

I am also learning that it is not easy to get 'straight answers' (probably
cause there arent straight answers).

A couple of open points that we did not get the chance to discuss in detail
below

cheers

PDM

- how do I intersect vocabularies expressed in RDF?
I think one suggestion was use OWL same_as property. But not all RDF is OWL,
is it not (or is it?)
'define intersect':  for simplicity assume all 'lexical and logica relation
between two words as an intersection ' .

- this leads onto another q: why does  RDF/OWL not support all kind
relations (or does it? if so, please point me to related resource)

additionally, i would like to extend an invitation to anyone on this list
interested to collaborate on
a)further foafx development http://vocamp.org/wiki/VoCampIbiza2009#FoafX
b)emergency management vocabulary
http://www.knoodl.com/ui/groups/Emergency_Management/vocab/EIIF_Glossary/entry/Emergency