[VoCamp Discuss] Linked Data Camp Vienna

Tom Heath tom.heath at talis.com
Fri Jul 24 05:22:57 PDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

This sounds like a very worthwhile initiative. While the VoCamp
concept was created to address a very practical need through specific
practical efforts, one of the key observations we've made is that
there is a strong need for generic Linked Data events where newcomers
can learn about the subject and older hands can get together to move
the community forward.

Both are important so it's crucial that we cater clearly to distinct
audiences. I think we can do this without fragmenting the audience. I
have no hesitation in cross-linking between the VoCamp effort and this
one. I've added a section on the vocamp.org homepage where such events
can be listed: http://vocamp.org/wiki/Main_Page#Upcoming_Affiliated_Events

Please do keep this list informed of how things are going, and best of
luck with the event :)

Cheers,

Tom.